Between 2007 and 2014 I worked as a portfolio worker supporting dozens of New Zealand NGOs and community organisations. Some of the wide range of web publishing, knowledge sharing and online communications projects I worked on are detailed on this page.
A list of training workshops and presentations I’ve given can be found in the “Learn more” pages.
- Run “Be noticed and extend your reach with social media” workshop for Mangere East Family Service Centre
- Facilitate a process to find a website developer for Family Planning (supplier selected March 2013)
- Plan and write Results Based Accountability webpages for Family and Community Services (launched December 2012)
- Offer a two part webinar series for NGO website managers (run in March 2012)
- Conducting user research and writing for an upgrade of the Strengthening Families website (relaunched July 2011)
- Plan and develop a wiki for Philanthropy New Zealand’s research and evaluation network (launched November 2010)
- Organise and facilitate the Engage your community unConference (held August 2010)
- Project managing creation of the DrugHelp and MethHelp websites (launched August 2010)
Snappy, fun and informative – the Wellington NGO webmasters networking event delivered. Thank you for hosting it Stephen.
Webmaster, small Wellington NGO, 15 Nov 2011
Stephen worked with us to project manage establishing CommunityCentral, which is an a very ambitious project – and I highly recommend him. He has a great understanding of voluntary and community organisations, and brings an innovative and flexible approach to all that he does. Stephen has a great balance of keeping the overall objectives firmly in sight while working on a vast array of details at the same time. I am a very happy to be contacted for further references.”
Tina Reid Executive Director NZFVWO
You have been invaluable in steering us in the appropriate direction, providing robust advice and guidance and generally keeping us honest! Thanks heaps!
Julie Watson, Forest & Bird
We are really thrilled by the quality of the research you have done for us – it’s really outstanding – logical and it means we have developed some good grounds upon which to go forward on – that are tested and make sense! Thanks for the really fantastic job you have done for us and exceeded all our expectations.
Robyn Scott, Executive Director, Philanthropy NZ
Your help to me was invaluable as it gave me a really good understanding of what was available and what we really want, I didn’t understand this before your came to see us. I have gone back to your notes and powerpoint many times to make sure that I had a really good feel of what could be done.
Carolyn Cummins, Jigsaw
Thanks for a fantastic workshop on Friday. I really found it useful and learned quite a few new things. I will definitely look at for any future workshops you are offering.
Cara Anderson, Website Manager, The OSCAR Foundation
Other clients Common Knowledge has worked with
Other clients have included: State Services Commission, Jigsaw, Families Commission, Forest and Bird, Tindall Foundation, Oxfam New Zealand, Wellington ICT, NZFVWO, Department of Internal Affairs, Wellington City Council, Cycling Advocates Network, NFP Works Ltd, and HistoryWorks Ltd.